THE MISSING LINK




In 2007 www.designboom.com organized an open international design competition.
The theme of the competition was "Dining in 2015", and the idea was to design anything from cutlery to tableware.

We were at the end of the year 2007, and thousands of years had passed since the caveman era, so from 2007 to 2015 not much was going to change in our eating habits. So I decided to make an hommage to the caveman!

You could only present 3 slides, my first 2 were text describing the story, and the 3rd slide was my design proposal.
All the typography and drawings were handmade with pencil.

There were 4843 participants from all over the world.
My work was among the 60 finalists.

My proposal was the following:
Dining in 2015 won't change much from today, if we think about the slow evolution between dining in the caveman era and dining today. So my project makes a reference to the caveman era, when sticks, bones, stones and hands were used for eating. Today we have replaced those habits with forks, knives and spoons, but deep inside of us, our human nature always takes us back to our roots. So in 2015 let's go back to basics, be primitive!